Friday, June 28, 2013

Blog: Session One
By Gabriel Guevara
Outside of school and studying I find myself to be a more passionate and passionate artist.  The spare time I have is spent practicing, studying dusty manuscripts and learning moving melodies.  My love for music has grown since the years follow the completion of my Music degree.  While I long for the hours I once dedicated to solitary practice I see the difference I can make in the classroom.  I want to use music as the subject for my content knowledge and deepen my understanding and passion for music.

The Ball article brought up many great discussions, on the best way to educate and why we should build on our own content knowledge. I enjoyed seeing the connection the Ball article had with Schulman article, which I found riveting and true. Through our class discussion I came to agree more with the author’s points and understand our need for better educated teachers.

My line of inquiry is focused on music and dance in the classroom, two subjects I adore.  Basing a question on the current standards and their applications in a modern classroom; will resonate with the changing of common core standards.  A study of integration of music standards into every day class work would also be rewarding.  As my line of inquiry matures, I hope to present a work that has significance in the music education.  

Questions:
  • ·         How can we change the music and dance curriculum to better suit our students’ educational needs in the ever changing financial struggle of our state?


  • ·         What music methodology is most effective developmentally and socially for students?









No comments:

Post a Comment